John Hatcher, MBA, PE, CPMP, CPP, CSC, CHS, LEED AP
John Hatcher serves as principal in charge of LEED, Electrical low voltage commissioning and design review, and is the QA/QC manager for Cogent Commissioning. John’s experience includes 30 years of design and commissioning of complex and highly reliable HVAC, electrical and controls systems in all types of facilities. John established and manages HMA Consulting, a low voltage design and consulting firm.
John earned a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Texas A&M University as well as a Master of Business Administration in Finance from Dallas Baptist University. He is a Registered Professional Engineer in twenty-four states and maintains a National Registration with the National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors, (NCEE). John is a LEED AP, Commissioning Process Management Professional (CPMP), Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Certified Security Consultant (CSC), and Certified Homeland Security Level III (CHS).
- American Society of Heating, Refrigeration, and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- International Association of Professional Security Consultants
- American Board for Certification in Homeland Security
- American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS)
- Energy Security Council
- US Green Building Council
Professional Registrations and Certifications
- Registered Professional Engineer – Texas plus twenty-three other states
- National Council of Examiners for Engineers and Surveyors
- Certified Homeland Security Level III
- Commissioning Process Manager Professional
- Certified Protection Professional
- USGBC LEED Accredited Professional